[openstack-dev] [nova][neutron] How do you use the instance IP filter?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Oct 27 18:48:28 UTC 2017

On 2017-10-27 14:26:06 -0400 (-0400), Mohammed Naser wrote:
[...]
> in our experience, malicious VMs are not short lived but they are
> long lived.  We'll generally find them running before we received
> the report which means that the abuse report came for that user
> indeed.
[...]

I guess the Infra use case where we cycle through thousands of
instances an hour just winds up being a magnet for misdirected
complaints in those less-frequent incidents where the abused
instance was already deleted, as we have a higher chance of being
the most recent tenant reassigned the offending IP address.
--
Jeremy Stanley