[openstack-dev] [release] Release countdown for week R-17, October 28 - November 3

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Thu Oct 26 18:46:23 UTC 2017

With much anticipation, our regular release countdown email.

Development Focus
-----------------

Now that the Queens-1 milestone is passed*, teams should now be focused on
feature development and completion of release goals [0].

[1] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/goals/queens/index.html

* Not all Q-1 releases have been processed at the time of this email. We are
  continuing to work through issues and have been able to start processing a
  few releases. We will continue to slowly work through these until we are
  confident that everything is working as expected. If your project's Q-1
  release does go through but you notice anything out of the ordinary, please
  let me or anyone in the #openstack-release channel know so we can
  investigate.

General Information
-------------------

If you have not yet requested a Queens-1 release for your cycle-following
project, please do so immediately. Even if we can't process the release right
away, all requests should be in and ready by this point. Once things catch up
we will do a check and see if there are any missing that either need to do the
release, or need to be switched to an independent release.

This would also be a good time to check whether to do a release for any
independent, library, or stable releases.

The Technical Committee election ended last week. Congratulations to our new
and returning members:

Colleen Murphy (cmurphy)
Doug Hellmann (dhellmann)
Emilien Macchi (emilienm)
Jeremy Stanley (fungi)
Julia Kreger (TheJulia)
Paul Belanger (pabelanger)

As always, if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to swing by the
#openstack-release channel.

Upcoming Deadlines & Dates

Forum at OpenStack Summit in Sydney: November 6-8
Queens-2 Milestone: December 7

--
Sean McGinnis (smcginnis)