[openstack-dev] [heat][horizon] Migration to heat-dashboard: how can we move this forward?

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 15:27:00 UTC 2017

Hi Kaz,

Thanks for sharing the current status of heat-dashboard.
Queens-2 sounds a reasonable milestone.

I summarize the near-future below. Right?

- heat-dashboard team is preparing for heat dashboard split-out.
  The horizon parity (including stability) is the current focus.
- Heat related bugs filed to horizon can be hold until the
heat-dashboard is ready (around Q-2)
  After it is ready, they will be forwarded to heat-dashboard from
horizon launchpad
  and we can fix them in the heat-dashboard repository.
- Horizon team tries not to approve heat-related patches without strong reasons.

> Of course we will keep looking at what's going on in Horizon side &
> will cherry-pick the leftovers if needed in the end.

AFAIK, the only patch which landed after the heat-dashboard repo was created is
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/498838/

Thanks,
Akihiro