[openstack-dev] [all] [elections] Technical Committee Election Results

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Thu Oct 26 14:52:20 UTC 2017

Excerpts from Jeremy Stanley's message of 2017-10-26 13:30:53 +0000:
> On 2017-10-26 14:42:35 +0200 (+0200), Flavio Percoco wrote:
> [...]
> > I personally don't think the campaing period was too short. I saw
> > enough interactions between candidates and the rest of the
> > community, which was useful for me to make up my mind and vote.
> > This is, of course, my own view and I don't mean to imply David's
> > view is not valid.
> [...]
>
> Indeed, by my quick count we had 84 E-mails to the list for
> questions to and answers from the candidates (not including
> candidacy/platform statements, announcements from election
> officials, et cetera). Also, it's entirely legitimate for these
> discussions to continue into the voting week as some voters may wait
> until toward the end of the period to make up their minds on how to
> rank various candidates (I know I did, at least).

It would also be good to see some discussion of those issues outside
of campaign periods. Some of the questions, like the one about user
perspectives held by the candidates, were clearly meant to elicit
more info to help make a choice in the election. The discussion of
inclusiveness shouldn't be reserved for the campaign period, though.

Doug