[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Blocking gate - do not recheck / rebase / approve any patch now (please)

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Thu Oct 26 04:14:43 UTC 2017

On Wed, Oct 25, 2017 at 1:59 PM, Emilien Macchi <emilien at redhat.com> wrote:
> Quick update before being afk for some hours:
>
> - Still trying to land https://review.openstack.org/#/c/513701 (thanks
> Paul for promoting it in gate).

Landed.

> - Disabling voting on scenario001 and scenario004 container jobs:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/515188/

Done, please be very careful while these jobs are not voting.
If any doubt, please ping me or fultonj or gfidente on #tripleo.

> - overcloudrc/keystone v2 workaround:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/515161/ (d0ugal will work on proper
> fix for https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1727454)

Merged - Dougal will work on the real fix this week but not urgent anymore.

> - Fixing zaqar/notification issues on
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/515123 - we hope that helps to reduce
> some failures in gate

In gate right now and hopefully merged in less than 2 hours.
Otherwise, please keep rechecking it.
According to Thomas Hervé, il will reduce the change to timeout.

> - puppet-tripleo gate broken on stable branches (syntax jobs not
> running properly) - jeblair is looking at it now

jeblair will provide a fix hopefully this week but this is not
critical at this time.
Thanks Jim for your help.

> Once again, we'll need to retrospect and see why we reached that
> terrible state but let's focus on bringing our CI in a good shape
> again.
> Thanks a ton to everyone who is involved,

I'm now restoring all patches that I killed from the gate.
You can now recheck / rebase / approve what you want, but please save
our CI resources and do it with moderation. We are not done yet.

I won't call victory but we've merged almost all our blockers, one is
missing but currently in gate:
https://review.openstack.org/515123 - need babysit until merged.

Now let's see how RDO promotion works. We're close :-)

Thanks everyone,

--
Emilien Macchi