[openstack-dev] Gertty dashboards

Sławek Kapłoński slawek at kaplonski.pl
Mon Oct 23 20:22:37 UTC 2017

Hello,

> Wiadomość napisana przez Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> w dniu 23.10.2017, o godz. 15:02:
>
> On 2017-10-22 11:56:06 +0200 (+0200), Sławek Kapłoński wrote:
> [...]
>> I suppose that gertty is looking only for patches which are
>> already in local database. Is it true?
>
> Basically, yes. As far as I've seen it syncs status for any changes
> on projects to which you've explicitly subscribed, as well as any
> for which your account is the owner in Gerrit. I believe it will
> also include changes which are in its DB because you've directly
> loaded them, but does not automatically sync/update status changes
> for those unless you view and refresh them manually. I tend to work
> around this by subscribing Gertty to all the projects in which I
> regularly participate.

I am subscribed to all of projects listed in this query which I asked for. And still result of this query in gertty is different than result in Gerrit webpage.
Also gertty shows me that all projects are synced.

>> And is there any possibility to change it?
>
> It's software, so probably. That said, I expect Gertty would need
> some sort of first-class dashboard support where it knows (beyond
> simple keybindings for arbitrary queries, maybe similar to how it
> treats owner:self changes?) that you want all changes for dashboards
> pulled into the local DB and kept in sync so that it has them
> available for offline operation... not sure what impact that may
> have on performance either.

Yes, I know that it’s software and that it’s open source so it’s possible to patch it but my question was more about if it’s possible with some config options currently :)

> And of course you'd need to convince its author this is a worthwhile
> behavior change, since there may be good reasons it was designed to
> work this way from the outset. I'll bring this thread to Jim's
> attention once he's around today; he will doubtless have more
> accurate details and concrete suggestions than I.

Thx.