[openstack-dev] [TripleO][infra][CI] Moving OVB jobs from RH1 cloud to RDO cloud, plan

Sagi Shnaidman sshnaidm at redhat.com
Mon Oct 23 10:46:44 UTC 2017

Hi,

as you know we prepare transition of all OVB jobs from RH1 cloud to RDO
cloud, also a few long multinode upgrades jobs as well. We prepared a
workflow of transition below, please feel free to comment.

1) We run one job (ovb-ha-oooq) on every patch in following repos: oooq,
oooq-extras, tripleo-ci. We run rest of ovb jobs (containers and fs024) as
experimental in rdo cloud for following repos: oooq, oooq-extras,
tripleo-ci, tht, tripleo-common. It should cover most of our testing. This
step is completed.

Currently it's blocked by newton bug in RDO cloud:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/heat/+bug/1626256 , where cloud release doesn't
contain its fix: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/501592/ . From other
side, the upgrade to Ocata release (which would solve this issue too) is
blocked by bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1724328
So we are in blocked state right now with moving.

Next steps:

2) We solve all issues with running on every patch job (ovb-ha-oooq) so
that it's passing (or failing exactly for same results as on rh1) for a 2
regular working days. (not weekend).
3) We should trigger experimental jobs in this time on various patches in
tht and tripleo-common and solve all issues for experimental jobs so all
ovb jobs pass.
4) We need to monitor all this time resources in openstack-nodepool tenant
(with help of rhops maybe) and be sure that it has the capacity to run
configured jobs.
5) We set ovb-ha-oooq job as running for every patch in all places where
it's running in rh1 (in parallel with existing rh1 job). We monitor RDO
cloud that it doesn't fail and still have resources - 1.5 working days
6) We add featureset024 ovb job to run in every patch where it runs in rh1.
We continue to monitor RDO cloud - 1.5 working days
7) We add last containers ovb job to all patches where it runs on rh1. We
continue monitor RDO cloud - 2 days.
8) In case if everything is OK in all previous points and RDO cloud still
performs well, we remove ovb jobs from rh1 configuration and make them as
experimental.
9) During next few days we monitor ovb jobs and run rh1 ovb jobs as
experimental to check if we have the same results (or better :) )
10) OVB jobs on rh1 cloud stay in experimental pipeline in tripleo for a
next month or two.

--
Best regards
Sagi Shnaidman