[openstack-dev] [tc][election] Question for candidates: How do you think we can make our community more inclusive?

Diana Clarke diana.joan.clarke at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 07:00:10 UTC 2017

Congrats on being elected to the TC, Colleen!

You mentioned earlier in this thread that, "a major problem in the
tech world is not just attracting underrepresented contributors, but
retaining them".

I'm curious if the TC has considered polling the people that have left
OpenStack for their experiences on this front.

Something along the lines of:

    "I see you contributed 20 patches in the last cycle, but haven't
contributed recently, why did you stop contributing?".

Given the recent layoffs, I suspect many of the responses will be
predicable, but you might find some worthwhile nuggets there
nonetheless.

Congrats again,

--diana