[openstack-dev] Fwd: [Openstack-operators][tc] [keystone][all] v2.0 API removal

Cody A.W. Somerville cody.somerville at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 02:08:51 UTC 2017

On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 7:16 PM, Morgan Fainberg <morgan.fainberg at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Let me clarify a few things regarding the V2.0 removal:
>
> * This has been planned for years at this point. At one time (I am
> looking for the documentation, once I find it I'll include it on this
> thread) we worked with Nova and the TC to set forth a timeline on the
> removal. Part of that agreement was that this was a one-time deal. We
> would remove the V2.0 API in favor of the v3 API but would never
> remove another API going forward.

Glad to hear this. Does this apply to all projects? Deprecation and removal
of API versions or versions of features (especially before new version of
feature has parity and proven scale to older version of feature) has been a
pain point for large production public clouds in terms of keeping in sync
with upstream which then adversely affects the ability of that organization
to contribute back to upstream due to having to stay on older versions. It
can quickly become too painful, risky, and costly to ever reconcile
eventually leading to the organization no longer meaningful contributing to
projects where they've drifted too far all together. I consider this
scenario to be very unfortunate for the customer's of that public cloud as
well as the OpenStack project itself.