[openstack-dev] Fwd: [Distutils][pbr] Announcement: Pip 10 is coming, and will move all internal APIs

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Fri Oct 20 18:17:52 UTC 2017

On Fri, Oct 20, 2017, at 07:23 AM, Doug Hellmann wrote:
> It sounds like the PyPI/PyPA folks are planning some major changes to
> pip internals, soon.
>
> I know pbr uses setuptools, and I don't think it uses pip, but if
> someone has time to verify that it would be helpful.
>
> We'll also want to watch out for breakage in normal use of pip 10. If
> they're making changes this big, they may miss something in their own
> test coverage that affects our jobs.

After a quick skim of PBR I don't think we use pip internals anywhere.
Its all executed via the command itself. That said we should test this
so I've put up https://review.openstack.org/513825 (others should feel
free to iterate on it if it doesn't work) to install latest pip master
in a devstack run.

Clark