[openstack-dev] Fwd: [Openstack-operators][tc] [keystone][all] v2.0 API removal

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Oct 20 17:53:47 UTC 2017

On 2017-10-20 17:15:59 +0000 (+0000), Fox, Kevin M wrote:
[...]
> I know the TC's been shying away from these sorts of questions,
> but this one has a pretty big impact. TC?
[...]

The OpenStack Technical Committee isn't really a bludgeon with which
to beat teams when someone in the community finds fault with a
decision; it drafts/revises policy and arbitrates disputes between
teams. What sort of action are you seeking in regard to the Keystone
team finally acting this cycle on removal of their long-deprecated
legacy API, and with what choices of theirs do you disagree?

Do you feel the deprecation was not communicated widely enough? Do
you feel that SDKs haven't been updated with sufficient support for
the v3 API? Are you concerned that lack of v2 API support will
prevent organizations running the upcoming Queens release from
qualifying for interoperability trademarks? Something else entirely?
--
Jeremy Stanley