[openstack-dev] [tc] Technical Committee Status update, October 20th

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Oct 20 14:41:53 UTC 2017

Hi!

This is the weekly summary of Technical Committee initiatives. You can
find the full list of all open topics (updated twice a week) at:

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Technical_Committee_Tracker

If you are working on something (or plan to work on something) that is
not on the tracker, feel free to add to it !

== TC Election still in progress ==

A few hours left to vote!
Note that your ballot email might have been classified as spam.

== Recently-approved changes ==

* New project team: OpenStack-Helm (helm charts for OpenStack) [1]
* Remove tox from PTI for python tarballs [2]
* Goal updates: kolla, ironic
* Retired repos: pylockfile
* New repos: contributor-guide, heat-dashboard, senlin-tempest-plugin

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/500118/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/508693/

The most significant change this week is the officialization of the
"OpenStack-Helm" project team, a packaging team working on producing
Helm charts to deploy OpenStack using helm. This likely closes the list
of OpenStack project teams for the Queens cycle. The Glare team
application, in particular, was deferred to Rocky by its PTL.

== Under review ==

Our latest top-5 "help wanted" list proposed addition, "champions
and stewards" is still pretty much under review:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/510656/

Monty's series of modifications to the PTI (project testing
interface) still had two open changes. Please review at:

* https://review.openstack.org/#/c/508694/
* https://review.openstack.org/#/c/509868/

== TC member actions for the coming week(s) ==

Monty should answer the feedback on the supported database version
resolution (https://review.openstack.org/493932) so that we can make
progress there -- or abandon it.

== Office hours ==

To be more inclusive of all timezones and more mindful of people for
which English is not the primary language, the Technical Committee
dropped its dependency on weekly meetings. So that you can still get
hold of TC members on IRC, we instituted a series of office hours on
#openstack-tc:

* 09:00 UTC on Tuesdays
* 01:00 UTC on Wednesdays
* 15:00 UTC on Thursdays

For the coming week, I expect the main topic of discussion to be the
onboarding of the newly-elected membership, as well as Summit preparations.

Cheers,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)