[openstack-dev] [keystone][all] v2.0 API removal

Alex Schultz aschultz at redhat.com
Thu Oct 19 17:00:36 UTC 2017

On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 10:08 AM, Lance Bragstad <lbragstad at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Now that we're finishing up the last few bits of v2.0 removal, I'd like to
> send out a reminder that Queens will not include the v2.0 keystone APIs
> except the ec2-api. Authentication and validation of v2.0 tokens has been
> removed (in addition to the public and admin APIs) after a lengthy
> deprecation period.

In the future can we have a notice before the actual code removal
starts?  We've been battling various places where we thought we had
converted to v3 only to find out we hadn't correctly done so because
it use to just 'work' and the only way we know now is that CI blew up.
A heads up on the ML probably wouldn't have lessened the pain in this
instance but at least we might have been able to pinpoint the exact
problem quicker.

Thanks,
-Alex