[openstack-dev] [docs] Evidence of Success

Petr Kovar pkovar at redhat.com
Tue Oct 17 15:27:10 UTC 2017

Thanks for your feedback, everybody. I made some more edits to the
document and tried to address the remaining comments left in the etherpad.

I think the current revision of the doc provides enough details on
the metrics and goals, so it should be ready to be added to
https://docs.openstack.org/doc-contrib-guide/ as an official project doc.
Let us know if you have more comments.

Cheers,
pk

On Mon, 09 Oct 2017 16:35:57 -0400
Doug Hellmann <doug at doughellmann.com> wrote:

> This draft looks really good. I left a few comments on the etherpad.
>
> Excerpts from Jimmy McArthur's message of 2017-10-05 10:33:48 -0500:
> > Sorry for the Google Docs link btw. That's where Petr and I were
> > initially collaborating. I've moved this back to the etherpad referenced
> > in ttps://etherpad.openstack.org/p/docs-i18n-ptg-queens
> > <https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/docs-i18n-ptg-queens>
> >
> > https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/docs-i18n-ptg-queens-mission-statement
> >
> > > Jimmy McArthur <mailto:jimmy at openstack.org>
> > > October 4, 2017 at 1:18 PM

> > > For the DoD and Metrics our understanding of the task was that they
> > > should be built into the Evidence of Success, though I think we could
> > > still use some more specific metrics in certain spots.  Emilien, would
> > > you suggest we define these as separate line items as well?
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > > Jimmy

> > > October 4, 2017 at 12:35 PM
> > >
> > > The draft is really good! It reflects very well what we said we would
> > > do at the PTG, way to go.
> > >
> > > I think the next steps would be:
> > > - Definition of Done, or how you consider something achieved (code
> > > merged, doc published, etc).
> > > - Metrics: what metrics do you use to measure what you're delivering.
> > > - What do you expect by end of Queens (put some number in metrics is
> > > probably a good start) - it's already mentioned in your draft vision
> > > but it might be revisited once you define the 2 previous items.
> > >
> > > Good work!
> > > Jimmy McArthur <mailto:jimmy at openstack.org>
> > > October 4, 2017 at 10:46 AM
> > > I've made a bit of progress on the collaborative vision for the Docs
> > > team:
> > > https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Xy78CnmnKlQ7SbR1XewqgrUdGe7DqnKAGYw_9aj5Ndg/edit#
> > >

> > > This still needs plenty of work, but I wanted to put out what we have
> > > so we can start to get some feedback from other members of the Docs
> > > team. The Use Cases section in particular was really vast and hard to
> > > cut down into prose without getting too detailed.
> > >
> > > Welcome your feedback and input!
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Jimmy

Petr Kovar
Sr. Technical Writer | Customer Content Services
Red Hat Czech, Brno