[openstack-dev] [tc][election] Question for all candidates in TC election: What will you do if you don't win?

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Mon Oct 16 17:08:06 UTC 2017

On Sun, Oct 15, 2017 at 5:15 AM, Amrith Kumar <amrith.kumar at gmail.com> wrote:
> Full disclosure, I'm running for election as well. I intend to also
> provide an answer to the question I pose here, one that I've posed
> before on #openstack-tc in an office hours session.
>
> Question 1:
>
> "There are M open slots for the TC and there are N (>>M) candidates
> for those open slots. This is a good problem to have, no doubt.
> Choice, is a good thing, enthusiasm and participation are good things.
>
> But clearly, (N-M) candidates will not be elected.
>
> If you are one of those (N-M) candidates, what then? What do you
> believe you can do if you are not elected to the TC, and what will you
> do? (concrete examples would be good)"

I always plan to work on the same things as usual, I'm not rage quitting :-)
The only thing as a TC member is that you can actually vote in
Governance changes. All the rest is about your influence in our
community, and I already explained what my focus has been until now
and what it would be in the near future.

> Question 2:
>
> "If you are one of the M elected candidates, the N-M candidates who
> were not elected represent a resource?
>
> Would you look to leverage/exploit that resource, and if so, how?
> (concrete examples would be good)"
>
> -amrith

Emilien Macchi