[openstack-dev] [tc][election] Question for all candidates in TC election: What will you do if you don't win?

Amrith Kumar amrith.kumar at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 12:15:51 UTC 2017

Full disclosure, I'm running for election as well. I intend to also
provide an answer to the question I pose here, one that I've posed
before on #openstack-tc in an office hours session.

Question 1:

"There are M open slots for the TC and there are N (>>M) candidates
for those open slots. This is a good problem to have, no doubt.
Choice, is a good thing, enthusiasm and participation are good things.

But clearly, (N-M) candidates will not be elected.

If you are one of those (N-M) candidates, what then? What do you
believe you can do if you are not elected to the TC, and what will you
do? (concrete examples would be good)"

Question 2:

"If you are one of the M elected candidates, the N-M candidates who
were not elected represent a resource?

Would you look to leverage/exploit that resource, and if so, how?
(concrete examples would be good)"

-amrith