[openstack-dev] [tc][election] Question for candidates: How do you think we can make our community more inclusive?

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Fri Oct 13 17:21:20 UTC 2017

Excerpts from Flavio Percoco's message of 2017-10-13 14:45:28 +0200:
> Greetings,
>
> Some of you, TC candidates, expressed concerns about diversity and inclusiveness
> (or inclusivity, depending on your taste) in your candidacy. I believe this is a
> broad, and some times ill-used, topic so, I'd like to know, from y'all, how you
> think we could make our community more inclusive. What areas would you improve
> first?
>
> Thank you,
> Flavio

If I had a magic wand, I would use it to find all of the -1 reviews
in gerrit for typos, wording clarifications, markup corrections,
variable naming disagreements, and other minor issues and turn them
into +1/+2 votes with a follow-up patch from the reviewer to fix
the problems.

I think this one small change would transform our review culture
from one of "seeking perfection in others" to "helping each other
find perfection together", and the result would make us more welcoming
to contributors of all types.

Doug