[openstack-dev] [tc][election] Question for the candidates

Ildiko Vancsa ildiko.vancsa at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 07:05:32 UTC 2017

Hi All,

I agree with the items pointed out in the previous mails in the thread.

In my view the discussion on the vision was crucial in order to synchronize on what we think OpenStack is and to understand what direction we would like it to move and how we keep it an innovative environment that fits into the ecosystem around. It is also important to revisit the mission time to time and shape it to how the technology and ecosystem around us evolves.

The discussion about new languages is also pointing towards being inclusive and diverse in technology which is a very important step to keep OpenStack current and flexible and to support the integration engine nature of it on the way forward.

However, to pick my choice, I would like to take a step away from technology and mention the decision on dropping the weekly meetings and using the mailing list and setting up an IRC channel and office hours for the TC. I think it is just as important if not slightly more than the technology itself to be critical and innovative with our processes too within the community to ensure that we are open and inclusive in practice as well.

This might be one of the reasons to have such good diversity among the candidates this time around which shows we are moving to the right direction and is also encouraging as we need all the voices and different points of view, experience and expertise represented in the technical leadership of our community.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Ildikó
(IRC: ildikov)