[openstack-dev] [tc][election] Question for the candidates

Swapnil Kulkarni (coolsvap) me at coolsvap.net
Fri Oct 13 04:49:18 UTC 2017

On Fri, Oct 13, 2017 at 1:12 AM, Clay Gerrard <clay.gerrard at gmail.com> wrote:
> I like a representative democracy.  It mostly means I get a say in which
> other people I have to trust to think deeply about issues which effect me
> and make decisions which I agree (more or less) are of benefit to the social
> groups in which I participate.  When I vote IRL I like to consider voting
> records.  Actions speak louder blah blah.
>
> To candidates:
>
> Would you please self select a change (or changes) from
> https://github.com/openstack/governance/ in the past ~12 mo or so where they
> thought the outcome or the discussion/process was particular good and
> explain why you think so?
>
> It'd be super helpful to me, thanks!
>
> -Clay

I have few of them on my mind.

Setting up guidelines for managing releases of binary artifacts [1]
was very important in and key to the hearts of most OpenStack
operators and everyone who's looking at the next big leap with
containerized deployment.

Embracing new languages in OpenStack which are required as dependency
for certain projects [2] [3] is a very important decision and I would
really like to see it through. While there is a lot of work to be done
to get something fully operational in current infrastructure but as we
will have more contributors who feel the need, we have the background
work ready for it.

And of course setting up the vision and mission for TC [4] was one of
the important things done. There will still be updates to it, but the
current draft is a piece of work with a diverse community like ours.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/469265/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/451524/
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/398875/
[4] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/453262/