[openstack-dev] [all][tc] TC Candidates: what does an OpenStack user look like?

Zane Bitter zbitter at redhat.com
Fri Oct 13 00:29:36 UTC 2017

On 12/10/17 19:43, Fox, Kevin M wrote:
> I slightly disagree. I think there are 3 sets of users not 2...
> Operators, Tenant Users, and Tenant Application Developers.
>
> Tenant Application Developers develop software that the Tenant Users
> deploy in their tenant.
>
> Most OpenStack developers consider the latter two to always be the same
> person. And it has made it very difficult to use for Tenant Users that
> aren't Tenant Application Developers to use OpenStack.
>
> Sometimes Tenant Users are pure ops, not devops. Sometimes they are not
> even traditional CS folks but physicists, biologists, etc.

I hoped you would chime in with this point, because it's a great example
of the kind of thing that is not top-of-mind for me unless prompted.
That's why we need diverse voices who are thinking about different users
to come together and apply their collective experience.

It goes without saying that you have my vote if you ever want to run for
the TC ;)

cheers,
Zane.