[openstack-dev] [tc][election] Question for the candidates

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Thu Oct 12 21:48:48 UTC 2017

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 12:42 PM, Clay Gerrard <clay.gerrard at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

> To candidates:
>
> Would you please self select a change (or changes) from
> https://github.com/openstack/governance/ in the past ~12 mo or so where they
> thought the outcome or the discussion/process was particular good and
> explain why you think so?
>
> It'd be super helpful to me, thanks!

The vision exercise was, in my opinion, one of the more exciting
things we have done in 2017.
It's not an easy thing to do because of our diverses opinions, but
together we managed to write something down, propose it to the
community in the open and make it better afterward (of course this
will never finish).

Outcome related, I loved the fact we're thinking outside of the
OpenStack community and see how we can make OpenStack projects usable
in environments without all the ecosystem. I also like to see our
strong efforts to increase diversity in all sorts and our work to
improve community health.

Beside the outcome, I loved to see all TC members able to work
together on this Vision in the open, I hope we can do more of that in
the future, even outside of the TC (in teams). (ex: doc team had a PTG
session about visioning as well).
I hope I answered the question, please let me know if that's not the
case if you want more details.
--
Emilien Macchi