[openstack-dev] [release] Release countdown for week R-19, October 13-20

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Thu Oct 12 14:20:45 UTC 2017

Welcome to our regular release countdown email.

Development Focus
-----------------

Team focus should be on spec approval and implementation for priority features.

The first Queens milestone is this Thursday, the 19th. While there aren't any
OpenStack-wide deadlines for this milestone, individual projects do have some
time critical requirements. Please be aware of any project specific deadlines
that may impact you.

PTLs and release liaisons of cycle-with-milestones projects, no later than
Thursday you will need to prepare a release request for your project(s) using
deliverables/queens/$project.yaml in openstack/releases. The initial release
number should be $MAJOR.0.0.0b1, where $MAJOR is incremented from the Pike
version. Please ask in the #openstack-release channel if you have any questions
about this.

And one more reminder to pay attention to the work being done in support of the
Queens cycle goals [1].

[1] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/goals/queens/index.html

General Information
-------------------

TC elections start on the 15th. Please take a moment to check out the
candidates for this election [2]

[2] https://governance.openstack.org/election/

Even if you don't have a strong opinion on candidates or their plans with the
TC, please consider voting for your preferred candidates. We need the
participation of all of the OpenStack community. Your vote helps and does make
a difference.

Upcoming Deadlines & Dates

TC Election: October 15 - 20
Queens-1 Milestone: October 19 <--- This Thursday!
Forum at OpenStack Summit in Sydney: November 6-8
Newton Branch EOL: October 18

--
Sean McGinnis (smcginnis)