[openstack-dev] [keystone][middleware]: Use encrypted password in the service conf file

pnkk pnkk2016 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 12:43:29 UTC 2017

Hi,

We have our API server(based on pyramid) integrated with keystone for
AuthN/AuthZ.
So our service has a *.conf file which has [keystone_authtoken] section
that defines all the stuff needed for registering to keystone.

WSGI pipeline will first get filtered with keystone auth token and then get
into our application functionality.

Now as part of hardening, we want to save an encrypted password(admin
password) in the conf file.
Where should I put the decryption logic so it gets passed to the middleware
in the needed format?

Appreciate your help!

Thanks,
Kanthi