[openstack-dev] [packaging][all] Sample Config Files in setup.cfg

Jesse Pretorius Jesse.Pretorius at rackspace.co.uk
Wed Oct 11 11:17:46 UTC 2017

On 10/10/17, 9:26 PM, "Doug Hellmann" <doug at doughellmann.com> wrote:

> I still think we should just be looking at these files as sample
> data and not active configuration files when we put them into the sdist
> or wheel.

There is agreement from all distributions bar one on this approach so far, so I’d like to dig into this approach more to see if we can find a solution that works for everyone.

Thomas, do I understand the problem correctly that if we considered these sample files then the complexity for Debian appears to be that it would not want the sample config files in, for example, /usr/share/nova but instead in /usr/share/nova-common ? Is the use of the –common directory something that’s Debian specific, or do any other distributions do it?

Rackspace Limited is a company registered in England & Wales (company registered number 03897010) whose registered office is at 5 Millington Road, Hyde Park Hayes, Middlesex UB3 4AZ. Rackspace Limited privacy policy can be viewed at www.rackspace.co.uk/legal/privacy-policy - This e-mail message may contain confidential or privileged information intended for the recipient. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of the enclosed material is prohibited. If you receive this transmission in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail at abuse at rackspace.com and delete the original message. Your cooperation is appreciated.