[openstack-dev] [all][infra] Zuul v3 rollout, the sequel

James E. Blair corvus at inaugust.com
Tue Oct 10 15:42:56 UTC 2017

Gary Kotton <gkotton at vmware.com> writes:

> Hi,
> At the moment the neutron, neutron-lib and many of the decomposed projects are still failing with the v3. Does this mean that we are broken from the 11th?
> For the decomposed projects we have a work around to help address this in the short term – need to increase timeout and need a flag from Zuul3 that is not part of Jenkins - https://github.com/openstack/vmware-nsx/blob/master/tools/tox_install_project.sh#L37 (can we have ZUUL3_CLONER?)
> Thanks
> Gary

In that script $ZUUL_CLONER points to /usr/zuul-env/bin/zuul-cloner
which will exist for auto-converted legacy jobs in v3.  If such a job is
not working, let's take a look at a log and dig into it.

That will *not* be present for non-legacy jobs.  I think once the dust
settles, we can work on using some much nicer facilities that v3
provides for doing that sort of thing in new native v3 jobs.

-Jim