[openstack-dev] [stable] Preping for the stable/newton EOL

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Thu Oct 5 23:01:05 UTC 2017

On Thu, Oct 05, 2017 at 09:00:00AM -0600, Alex Schultz wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 9:51 PM, Tony Breeds <tony at bakeyournoodle.com> wrote:

> Would it be possible to delay the Newton EOL for the TripleO projects
> for ~1month? We still have some patches outstanding and would like to
> delay the EOL for now.  As previously mentioned elsewhere it would be
> beneficial for us to wait until the end of Queens but for now I'd like
> to pencil in ~1month to give us additional time to evaulate if we need
> more time.  Let me know if this isn't realistic or there are any
> glaring issues with this.

I'm happy to exclude tripleo from the initial EOL cycle (and had added
tripleo's repos to my list of 'opt-out' repos based on previous emails).
It'd be good if we could setup a one-off time with tripleo, stable (me)
and infra to look at what CI you have an which parts are generally
impacted by repo's EOLing.  For example it's probable that
openstack/requiremnets (and that implies openstack-dev/devstack) need to
be the last projects to retire.

That isn't terrible but I'd still like to make sure we're on the same
page so we can level set everyone's expectations.

So who from tripleo needs to be there and what TZ are they in?

Yours Tony.