[openstack-dev] [all][elections] Candidate proposals for TC (Technical Committee) positions are now open

Emmet Hikory persia at shipstone.jp
Thu Oct 5 15:30:51 UTC 2017

Tony Breeds wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 01, 2017 at 11:26:33PM +0000, Kendall Nelson wrote:
> > Hello Again,
> >
> > A few corrections from the kickoff email:
> >
> > Candidates for the Technical Committee Positions: Any Foundation individual
> > member can propose their candidacy for an available, directly-elected TC
> > seat. (except the seven (7) TC members who were elected for a one-year seat
> > in April[3]).
> >
> > The election will be held from September 29th through to 23:45 October 18th,
> > 2017 UTC. PLEASE NOTE, we are discussing adding a few days to the
> > nomination period  thereby shortening the campaigning period due to the
> > lack of updates to the governance page and the delayed kickoff email.
> > Please keep an eye out for updates!
>
> Because of the delay in getting information published the election
> officials have decided to extend the nomination period by 2 days, this
> has a knock on effect that each deadline is now also bumped:
>

> Events          Start Date              End Date
> TC nomination   Sep 29, 2017 23:59 UTC  Oct 08, 2017 23:45 UTC
> TC Campaigning  Oct 09, 2017 23:59 UTC  Oct 12, 2017 23:45 UTC
> TC Election     Oct 12, 2017 23:59 UTC  Oct 18, 2017 23:45 UTC

    While all of the prose above is correct, the table does not reflect
the extended dates (although we'd be delighted to have nominations well in
advance of the dates listed).  The updated delayed-two-days dates are:

Events           Start Date              End Date
TC nomination    Sep 29, 2017 23:59 UTC  Oct 10, 2017, 23:45 UTC
TC Campaigning   Oct 11, 2017 23:59 UTC  Oct 14, 2017, 23:45 UTC
TC Election      Oct 14, 2017 23:59 UTC  Oct 20, 2017, 23:45 UTC

    Apologies for the confusion.  For those in doubt in the future, the
correct current agreed dates are also available from git(1).

1: http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/election/tree/configuration.yaml

--
Emmet HIKORY