[openstack-dev] [stable] Preping for the stable/newton EOL

Alex Schultz aschultz at redhat.com
Thu Oct 5 15:00:00 UTC 2017

On Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 9:51 PM, Tony Breeds <tony at bakeyournoodle.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>     This is a quick update on the process for tagging stable/newton as
> EOL:
>
> The published[1][2] timeline is:
> Sep 29 : Final newton library releases
> Oct 09 : stable/newton branches enter Phase III
> Oct 11 : stable/newton branches get tagged EOL
>
> Given that those key dates were a little disrupted I'm proposing adding
> a week to each so the new timeline looks like:
> Oct 08 : Final newton library releases
> Oct 16 : stable/newton branches enter Phase III
> Oct 18 : stable/newton branches get tagged EOL
>
> The transition to Phase II is important to set expectation about what
> backports are applicable while we process the EOL.
>
> I'll prep the list of repos that will be tagged EOL real soon now for
> review.

Would it be possible to delay the Newton EOL for the TripleO projects
for ~1month? We still have some patches outstanding and would like to
delay the EOL for now.  As previously mentioned elsewhere it would be
beneficial for us to wait until the end of Queens but for now I'd like
to pencil in ~1month to give us additional time to evaulate if we need
more time.  Let me know if this isn't realistic or there are any
glaring issues with this.

Thanks,
-Alex