[openstack-dev] [packaging][all] Sample Config Files in setup.cfg

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Tue Oct 3 17:15:16 UTC 2017

Excerpts from Jesse Pretorius's message of 2017-10-03 15:57:17 +0000:
> On 10/3/17, 3:01 PM, "Doug Hellmann" <doug at doughellmann.com> wrote:
>
> >> Given that this topic has gone through several cycles of discussion and has never gone anywhere, does it perhaps merit definition as a project interface so that we can define the problem this is trying to solve and set a standard formally once and for all?
>
> >    Maybe a couple of the various packaging projects can agree and just
> >    set a de facto rule (and document it). That worked out OK for us
> >    with the doc reorganization when we updated the docs.o.o site
> >    templates.
>
> I’m happy to facilitate that. Is there some sort of place where such standards are recorded? Ie Where do I submit a review to and is there an example to reference for the sort of information that should be in it?

The docs team put that info in the spec for the migration. Do we
have a packaging SIG yet? That seems like an ideal body to own a
standard like this long term. Short term, just getting some agreement
on the mailing list would be a good start.

Doug