[openstack-dev] [all] Update on Zuul v3 Migration - and what to do about issues

Dan Smith dms at danplanet.com
Tue Oct 3 14:10:15 UTC 2017

> Any update on where we stand on issues now? Because every single patch I
> tried to land yesterday was killed by POST_FAILURE in various ways.
> Including some really small stuff - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/324720/

Yeah, Nova has only landed eight patches since Thursday. Most of those are test-only patches that run a subset of jobs, and a couple that landed in the wee hours when overall system load was low.

> Do we have a defined point on the calendar for getting the false
> negatives back below the noise threshold otherwise a rollback is
> implemented so that some of these issues can be addressed in parallel
> without holding up community development?

On Friday I was supportive of the decision to keep steaming forward instead of rolling back. Today, I’m a bit more concerned about light at the end of the tunnel. The infra folks have been hitting this hard for a long time, and for that I’m very appreciative. I too hope that we’re going to revisit mitigation strategies as we approach the weekiversary of being stuck.

-—Dan