[openstack-dev] Nova docker replaced by zun?

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Tue Oct 3 09:44:16 UTC 2017

On 09/29/2017 10:48 AM, ADAMS, STEVEN E wrote:
> Can anyone point me to some background on why nova docker was
> discontinued and how zun is the heir?
>
> Thx,
>
> Steve Adams
>
> AT&T
>
> https://github.com/openstack/nova-docker/blob/master/README.rst

The nova-docker driver discontinued because it was not maintained. In
the entire OpenStack community we could not find a second person to help
with the maintenance of it (it was only Dims doing any needed fixes).
This was even though the driver was known to be running in multiple
production clouds.

The project was shut down for that reason so that no one would
mistakenly assume there was any maintenance or support on it. If you or
others want to revive the project, that would be fine, as long as we can
identify 2 individuals who will step up as maintainers.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net