[openstack-dev] [nova][stable] attn: No approvals for stable/newton right now

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 13:10:52 UTC 2017

On 9/29/2017 7:31 PM, Dan Smith wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Due to a zuulv3 bug, we're running an old nova-network test job on
> master and, as you would expect, failing hard. As a workaround in the
> meantime, we're[0] going to disable that job entirely so that it runs
> nowhere. This makes it not run on master (good) but also not run on
> stable/newton (not so good).
>
> So, please don't approve anything new for stable/newton until we turn
> this job back on. That will happen when this patch lands:
>
>    https://review.openstack.org/#/c/508638
>
> Thanks!
>
> --Dan
>
> [0]: Note that this is all magic and dedication from the infra people,
> all I did was stand around and applaud. I'm including myself in the "we"
> here because I like to feel included by standing next to smart people,
> not because I did any work.

If it makes you feel any better, we can't merge anything on
stable/newton right now anyway. There were some things that needed
fixing in devstack-gate (which are now merged) but also some things that
need fixing in devstack, which are not yet merged on master:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/508366/

Matt