[openstack-dev] [all] [tc] Policy Goal Queens-2 Update

Lance Bragstad lbragstad at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 15:41:05 UTC 2017

On 11/29/2017 09:13 PM, daidv at vn.fujitsu.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just want to share some related things to anyone are interested in.
>
> For the Neutron projects, I have discussed with them[1] but it is not really started,
> they want to consider more about all of networking projects before and I'm still waiting for the feedback to
> define the right way to implement policy-in-code for networking projects.
>
> For the other extensions of Neutron, we got some recommendations[2][3] that we no need to implement
> policy-in-code into those projects because we already register policy in Neutron, so I think we can remove
> neutron-fwaas, neutron-dynamic-routing, neutron-lib or even other networking plugins out of "Not Started" list.
Awesome, thanks for the update! I've gone ahead and removed these from
the burndown chart [0]. Let me know if there are any others that fall
into this category and I'll get things updated in the tracking tool.

[0]
https://github.com/lbragstad/openstack-doc-migration-burndown/commit/f34c2f56692230f104354240bf0e4378dc0fea82

> For the Swift project, I don't see oslo.policy in requirements.txt for now,
> then not sure they need to implement policy in code and the we got the same thing with Solum.
So does that mean these can be removed as well? I'm wondering if there
is an official process here, or just a simple sign-off from a project
maintainer?