[openstack-dev] [python-openstacksdk][shade] New cores proposed for shade/sdk

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Thu Nov 30 14:00:14 UTC 2017

Hey everybody,

I'd like to propose adding Slawek Kaplonski (slaweq) and Rosario Di
Somma (rods) to the shade/sdk core team. While they are clearly two
different humans, I'm going to speak of them collectively since what I
have to say about each of them is largely the same.

They were both super helpful in getting the REST transition completed
and both of them have shown both a good understanding of the code - and
that they know their boundaries. (Knowing when you don't know something
turns out to be super important)

They both have exhibited an attention to detail, the ability to
troubleshoot the weird kinds of things that we run in to in shade-land,
and the ability to safely stage large or ugly changes in digestible chunks.

They have both shown an eagerness to jump in, figure out and handle hard
issues.

Now that we've finished RESTification it's time to jump straight into
shade/sdk integration. On the one hand it'll be a repeat of a bunch of
what we just did - but on the other it's going to be infinitely easier
because of all of the work slaweq and rods put in over the past year.

So let's add them to the core team, yeah?

Thanks!
Monty