[openstack-dev] [all] [tc] Policy Goal Queens-2 Update

daidv at vn.fujitsu.com daidv at vn.fujitsu.com
Thu Nov 30 03:13:30 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I just want to share some related things to anyone are interested in.

For the Neutron projects, I have discussed with them[1] but it is not really started,
they want to consider more about all of networking projects before and I'm still waiting for the feedback to
define the right way to implement policy-in-code for networking projects.

For the other extensions of Neutron, we got some recommendations[2][3] that we no need to implement
policy-in-code into those projects because we already register policy in Neutron, so I think we can remove
neutron-fwaas, neutron-dynamic-routing, neutron-lib or even other networking plugins out of "Not Started" list.

For the Swift project, I don't see oslo.policy in requirements.txt for now,
then not sure they need to implement policy in code and the we got the same thing with Solum.

[1] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-neutron/%23openstack-neutron.2017-10-31.log.html
[2] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-lbaas/%23openstack-lbaas.2017-10-06.log.html#t2017-10-06T02:50:10
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/509389/

Dai