[openstack-dev] [tripleo][ui][ux] Manage Roles UI Design

Liz Blanchard lsurette at redhat.com
Tue Nov 28 19:07:25 UTC 2017

Hi All,

I've put together a set of designs as we are starting to discuss how a user
should be able to manage the roles in a deployment plan. I'd love to hear
if anyone has any feedback on this direction!

1) The user can choose to "Manage Role" in order to get the Roles panel
into an edit mode:
https://lizsurette.github.io/OpenStack-Design/tripleo-ui/2-preparation-before-edge-technician-deploys/img/2017-7-24-TripleO-UI_13_PrepWork22.png

2) At this point any roles available (not just those already selected for
this plan) will become available for the user to enable/disabled. Selecting
those via checkboxes will allow the user to choose which they would like to
use for this plan. In the future, we will look to supporting creating a new
role from here as well:
https://lizsurette.github.io/OpenStack-Design/tripleo-ui/2-preparation-before-edge-technician-deploys/img/2017-7-24-TripleO-UI_13_PrepWork23.png

3) Any changes made can be saved:
https://lizsurette.github.io/OpenStack-Design/tripleo-ui/2-preparation-before-edge-technician-deploys/img/2017-7-24-TripleO-UI_13_PrepWork26.png

That's all for now! If you'd like to check out the whole flow that we are
envisioning for this persona, you can take a look here:
https://lizsurette.github.io/OpenStack-Design/tripleo-ui/2-preparation-before-edge-technician-deploys/2.usingui

Let me know what you think.

Thanks!
Liz