[openstack-dev] [all] Community managed tech/dev blog: Call for opinions and ideas

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Tue Nov 28 09:13:52 UTC 2017

On 27/11/17 13:14 -0600, Jimmy McArthur wrote:

>Joshua Harlow wrote:
>>With say an editor that solicits (and backlogs topics and stories
>>and such) various developers/architects at various companies and
>>creates a actually human curated place for developers and technology
>>and architecture to be spot-lighted.
>>
>>To me personal blogs can be used for this, sure, but that sort of
>>misses the point of having a place that is targeted for this (and no
>>I don't really care about finding and subscribing to 100+ random joe
>>blogs that I will never look at more than once). Ideally that place
>>would not become `elitist` as some others have mentioned in this
>>thread (ie, don't pick an elitist editor? lol).
>>
>>The big desire for me is to actually have a editor (a person or
>>people) involved that is keeping such a blog going and editing it
>>and curating it and ensuring it gets found in google searches and is
>>*developer* focused...
>
>This is basically what https://www.openstack.org/blog/ is for. It's
>using Wordpress. It's developer-centric. Anyone can submit to it and
>we have editors that can publish it. We also have pretty solid SEO.

Interestingly enough, not many folks are (were) aware of this. It was not
brought up during the discussion at the forum. I'm glad you did, though.

If we already have a platform for this then I would say we need to promote it
more and find someone (Josh? ;) that will actively seek for content.

Thanks for pointing us to o.o/blog, Jimmy.
Flavio

--
@flaper87
Flavio Percoco