[openstack-dev] [kolla] Ansiblize init-runonce script

Ravi Shekhar Jethani rsjethani at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 18:57:18 UTC 2017

Hi,

While exploring kolla-ansible I ran into a few issues with
init-runonce script. This lead to following bugs and patches:

https://launchpad.net/bugs/1732963
https://review.openstack.org/522221
https://review.openstack.org/521190

But it was highlighted that instead of fixing/changing the
script, 'ansibilzing' it would be the ideal solution.
Hence I hereby formally propose the same.

My thoughts:
* Playbook Name: init-stack.yml

* Playbook path can be:
kolla-ansible/ansible/init-stack.yml

* The play can be executed like:
$ kolla-ansible init-stack -i <inventory_file>

* The cirros test image should be downloaded in /tmp

* What should be the behavior if the play is run multiple times
against the same stack?
  - some error message OR
  - simply ignore the action

Kindly provide suggestions.