[openstack-dev] [hyper-v] Hyper-V Support Will be Removed Forever ?

Adam Heczko aheczko at mirantis.com
Fri Nov 24 16:19:24 UTC 2017

In regards to these benchmarks honestly I don't think that the measurement
results are objective enough.
According to my past experiences with Hyper-v Microsoft's hypervisor
heavily uses block layer caching also for guest read/write operations.
AFAIK this is very different to Linux+KVM or VMware where there is no
caching for vm guests.

On Fri, Nov 24, 2017 at 4:46 PM, Alessandro Pilotti <
apilotti at cloudbasesolutions.com> wrote:

> Hyper-V support in OpenStack is alive and well, see for example this blog
> series comparing KVM and Hyper-V: [1].
>
> The fact that SUSE / HPE might or might not support it, is just a matter
> of commercial choices unrelated to the upstream projects (which is what
> matters in this ML). Other vendors (e.g. Red Hat, Mirantis, Canonical) have
> partnership with us (Cloudbase) for Hyper-V commercial support.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Alessandro
>
> [1] https://cloudbase.it/openstack-newton-benchmarking-part-5/
>
> On 24 Nov 2017, at 17:19, Vahric MUHTARYAN <vahric at doruk.net.tr> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>

> We are using HPE Helion Openstack . For a long time they are always
> removing hyper-v support from their distro.  We started to discuss with
> SUSE and i believe everybody know HPE HOS and SUSE Openstack are migratated
> and it will become single product and we learn from SUSE they are also stop
> supporting Hyper-V.
>

> I know cloudbase.it working hard for port too much thing but ı would like
> to learn really Hyper-V hypervisor support will be removed from Openstack
> forever ?
>

> Regards
>
> VM

Adam Heczko