[openstack-dev] [tc] Technical Committee Status update, November 24th

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Nov 24 11:17:48 UTC 2017

Hi!

This is the weekly summary of Technical Committee initiatives. You can
find the full list of all open topics (updated twice a week) at:

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Technical_Committee_Tracker

If you are working on something (or plan to work on something) that is
not on the tracker, feel free to add to it !

== Recently-approved changes ==

* Approved LOCI as new official OpenStack project [1][2]
* Add supports-accessible-upgrade tag to ironic [3]
* Goal updates: freezer, searchlight
* New repos: puppet-openstack-guide, heat-tempest-plugin

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/513851/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/516005/
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/516671/

Another limited activity week with the US shutting down for
Thanksgiving. The most significant change is of course the addition of a
new official OpenStack project, LOCI. LOCI is a packaging project,
providing tooling that can output light, OCI-compliant container images
of OpenStack components:

https://governance.openstack.org/tc/reference/projects/loci.html

== Voting in progress ==

Ian Wienand's update to the PTI to remove mentions of
releasenotes/requirements.txt has reached majority and will be approved
by Tuesday next week unless there are late objections posted:

https://review.openstack.org/521398

Graham Hayes proposed the addition of the tc:approved-release tag to
Designate, to match its recent addition to an add-on trademark program.
This change is needed to comply with the language in the Foundation
bylaws, and is missing a couple of votes:

https://review.openstack.org/521587

My proposal to recenter the Stable policy on OpenStack cloud components
is also missing a couple of votes:

https://review.openstack.org/521049

== Under review ==

It's time to propose and review community-wide goals for the Rocky
cycle. Kendall Nelson posted a proposal around Storyboard Migration.
Please review it at:

https://review.openstack.org/513875

Matt Treinish proposed an update to the Python PTI for tests to be
specific and explicit. Please review at:

https://review.openstack.org/519751

It should not be necessary to wait until we have 5 items in our "help
wanted" list, nor require the presence of 5 elements at all times.
Please review the list rename at:

https://review.openstack.org/520619

The Mogan team application is still up for review. General feedback from
the Summit forum session was that the overlap and complementarity
between Nova, Ironic and Mogan makes for a complex landscape, and the
strategy going forward needs to be clarified before we can approve this
application. It is therefore likely that it will be delayed until Rocky,
Please comment at:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/508400/

== TC member actions for the coming week(s) ==

Doug should update or abandon the "champions and stewards" top help
wanted addition (https://review.openstack.org/510656)

== Office hours ==

To be more inclusive of all timezones and more mindful of people for
which English is not the primary language, the Technical Committee
dropped its dependency on weekly meetings. So that you can still get
hold of TC members on IRC, we instituted a series of office hours on
#openstack-tc:

* 09:00 UTC on Tuesdays
* 01:00 UTC on Wednesdays
* 15:00 UTC on Thursdays

For the coming week, I expect we'll discuss stale governance reviews and
start brainstorming about potential Rocky goals.

Cheers,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)