[openstack-dev] [all] Changes to releasenotes and docs build jobs

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Wed Nov 22 15:05:56 UTC 2017

Excerpts from Monty Taylor's message of 2017-11-22 07:39:45 -0600:

> * We use -W for all releasenotes builds - this means warnings are always
> errors for releasenotes. That shouldn't bother anyone, as most of the
> releasenotes content is generated by reno anyway.

For projects that never had -W set, there may be invalid RST in old
branches. We hit that in ceilometer for mitaka and newton, and since
those branches were closed already we used "reno report" to generate
static RST pages to replace the reno directives. See
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/521548/ for an example of doing this if
your project has a similar issue.

Doug