[openstack-dev] [keystone] office hours report 2017-11-21

Lance Bragstad lbragstad at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 15:03:56 UTC 2017

Hey all,

Yesterday in office hours we recapped the main topic from the keystone
user and operator feedback session at the forum, which is possibly
allowing the project API to accept user-specified project IDs when
creating projects. Full context from that conversation can be found in
the logs [0]. The TL;DR of it is that we're going to re-propose the
specification with some additional requirements that were brought up
during the forum. This should allow us to continue discussing
requirements we weren't really aware of the first time around and
document the outcomes.

Otherwise, the following bugs were either triaged or updated during
office hours. I also added the office-hours tag to a bunch of bugs [1]
in case anyone is looking for something between now and next week.

Bug #1291157 in OpenStack Identity (keystone): "idp deletion should
trigger token revocation"
https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1291157

Bug #1727726 in OpenStack Identity (keystone): "Keystone to ignore ldap
users/groups with blank spaces in their name"
https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1727726

Bug #1728690 in OpenStack Identity (keystone): "member_role_id/name conf
options reference v2"
https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1728690

Bug #1730270 in OpenStack Identity (keystone): "keystone raise 500 error
when authenticate with "mapped""
https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1730270

Bug #1724645 in OpenStack Identity (keystone): "remote_id_attribute
config options prevents multiple protocol variations for Federation"
https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1724645

Bug #1727099 in OpenStack Identity (keystone): "Change password error
history message count is wrong"
https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1727099

Bug #1728907 in OpenStack Identity (keystone): "Empty Fernet Key Files
causing problems with token issue"
https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1728907

Bug #1642988 in OpenStack Identity (keystone): "Optionally encode
project IDs in fernet tokens"
https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1642988

Bug #1603579 in OpenStack Identity (keystone): "WebSSO user can't see
the "Federation" management panel in Horizon"
https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1603579

Bug #1615076 in OpenStack Identity (keystone): "Keystone server does
not define "enabled" attribute for Region but mentions in v3 regions.py"
https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1615076

Bug #1724686 in OpenStack Identity (keystone): "authentication code
hangs when there are three or more admin keystone endpoints"
https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1724686

Bug #1732298 in OpenStack Identity (keystone): "Migration unit tests
incorrectly failing for 'alter' in contract phase"
https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1732298

[0]
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/keystone_office_hours/2017/keystone_office_hours.2017-11-21-19.07.log.html
[1] https://goo.gl/tRbEsD