[openstack-dev] [Openstack-operators] Ops Meetups team minutes + main topics

Jonathan Proulx jon at csail.mit.edu
Tue Nov 21 17:48:22 UTC 2017

On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 10:10:00AM -0700, David Medberry wrote:
:Jon,
:
:I think the Foundation staff were very very wary of extending the PTG or
:doing dual sites simultaneously due to not saving a thing logistically.
:Yes, it would conceivably save travel for folks that need to go to two
:separate events (as would the other colo options on the table) but not
:saving a thing logistically over two separate events as we have now. A six
:or seven day sprint/thing/ptg would also mean encroaching on one or both
:weekends (above and beyond travel dates) and that may really limit venue
:choices as private parties (weddings, etc) tend to book those locales on
:weekends.

Yes, that was my main concern as well.  Though I'd not extended it to
the fact the two events wouldn't fit in a single working week.  So
sounds like the logistics are just illogistical.

-Jon