[openstack-dev] [oslo][oslo.config] pluggable drivers for oslo.config spec ready for review

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Mon Nov 20 16:41:34 UTC 2017

Excerpts from Jay Pipes's message of 2017-11-20 11:02:33 -0500:
> On 11/20/2017 10:19 AM, Doug Hellmann wrote:
> > The spec for adding pluggable drivers to oslo.config is ready for a
> > final queens review [1]. The latest draft should be simpler to implement
> > (important given where we are in the schedule) at the expense of always
> > requiring at least one configuration file to specify the location of
> > other configuration sources. We can improve on that design in the future
> > when we have the drivers working.
>
> Hi Doug. Is this spec crucial for various PCI/security-minded folks to
> review due to how plaintext configuration options are currently handled
> for sensitive things like password and user/project IDs?
>
> Best,
> -jay

The spec is meant to enable securely storing secrets, but it's
foundation work before the secret store driver can actually be
implemented so it doesn't go into a lot of detail about the castellan
driver. Still, I would appreciate if the folks interested in that
feature look at it.

Doug