[openstack-dev] [Openstack-operators] Upstream LTS Releases

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Nov 15 13:25:12 UTC 2017

Rochelle Grober wrote:
> Folks,
>
> This discussion and the people interested in it seem like a perfect application of the SIG process.  By turning LTS into a SIG, everyone can discuss the issues on the SIG mailing list and the discussion shouldn't end up split.  If it turns into a project, great.  If a solution is found that doesn't need a new project, great.  Even once  there is a decision on how to move forward, there will still be implementation issues and enhancements, so the SIG could very well be long-lived.  But the important aspect of this is:  keeping the discussion in a place where both devs and ops can follow the whole thing and act on recommendations.

That's an excellent suggestion, Rocky.

Moving the discussion to a SIG around LTS / longer-support / post-EOL
support would also be a great way to form a team to work on that.

Yes, there is a one-time pain involved with subscribing to the -sigs ML,
but I'd say that it's a good idea anyway, and this minimal friction
might reduce the discussion to people that might actually help with
setting something up.

So join:

While I'm not sure that's the best name for it, as suggested by Rocky
let's use [lts] as a prefix there.

I'll start a couple of threads.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)