[openstack-dev] [Openstack-operators] Upstream LTS Releases

Erik McCormick emccormick at cirrusseven.com
Wed Nov 15 00:25:09 UTC 2017

On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 4:10 PM, Rochelle Grober
<rochelle.grober at huawei.com> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> This discussion and the people interested in it seem like a perfect application of the SIG process.  By turning LTS into a SIG, everyone can discuss the issues on the SIG mailing list and the discussion shouldn't end up split.  If it turns into a project, great.  If a solution is found that doesn't need a new project, great.  Even once  there is a decision on how to move forward, there will still be implementation issues and enhancements, so the SIG could very well be long-lived.  But the important aspect of this is:  keeping the discussion in a place where both devs and ops can follow the whole thing and act on recommendations.
>
> Food for thought.
>
> --Rocky

Just to add more legs to the spider that is this thread: I think the
SIG idea is a good one. It may evolve into a project team some day,
but for now it's a free-for-all polluting 2 mailing lists, and
multiple etherpads. How do we go about creating one?

-Erik