[openstack-dev] [puppet][ci] PTI jobs for Puppet modules

Mohammed Naser mnaser at vexxhost.com
Mon Nov 13 19:26:38 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

With a few languages getting PTI jobs which are defined in
project-config, I think Puppet should be a candidate as the build and
release process of Puppet modules is the same across all modules.

Given that Puppet OpenStack has a large number of modules, in addition
to Infra's puppet modules, it would be good to have a project-template
specific for build and release of Puppet modules.

Most of the work is already done (the build and release jobs are
there).  The main work which is left is simply to create a
project-template for project-config (say openstack-puppet-jobs) and
then update project-config for all puppet modules to use this template
and make sure it gets removed from the specific repos.

If no one is opposed to this (or perhaps has any ideas on how we can
do this in a better way), I will start the work and push up a change
shortly that takes care of this.

Thanks!
Mohammed