[openstack-dev] [infra] support graphviz in document publishing

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Mon Nov 13 10:08:28 UTC 2017

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 09:16:59AM +0000, Yujun Zhang (ZTE) wrote:
> Hi, all
>
> Sometimes a picture worths thousands word. I wonder if it is possible to
> support graphviz in https://docs.openstack.org/
>
> What I expect is to include a dot file and render it as a picture in HTML
> output. The syntax is simple
>
> .. graphviz:: aggregate-equivalent-alarms.files/example.dot
>
> And should be supported by sphinx graphviz plugin[2]

Hey Yujun,

The graphviz directive is currently supported [0]. Though the control over the
output leaves a little to be desired [1].

I'm not sure about referencing dotfiles, but most needs are fairly small and
can be done inline like the example above.

[0] https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/cinder/tree/doc/source/contributor/api_microversion_dev.rst#n81
[1] https://docs.openstack.org/cinder/latest/contributor/api_microversion_dev.html