[openstack-dev] [infra] support graphviz in document publishing

Yujun Zhang (ZTE) zhangyujun+zte at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 09:16:59 UTC 2017

Hi, all

Sometimes a picture worths thousands word. I wonder if it is possible to
support graphviz in https://docs.openstack.org/

What I expect is to include a dot file and render it as a picture in HTML
output. The syntax is simple

.. graphviz:: aggregate-equivalent-alarms.files/example.dot

And should be supported by sphinx graphviz plugin[2]

See full example[1]. Currently I render the picture offline and include it
manually in the document. It would be much more convenient for developer if
the extension is added to document build job.

[1]:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/518196/5/proposals/aggregate-equivalent-alarms.rst
[2]: http://www.sphinx-doc.org/en/stable/ext/graphviz.html

--