[openstack-dev] [horizon] Pagination issues and resource deletion

Ivan Kolodyazhny e0ne at e0ne.info
Fri Nov 3 12:14:21 UTC 2017

Hi team,

Pagination issues are a hot topic for Horizon. We had a good discussion at
PTG [1] for it. Also, I would like to say thanks to Ferenc for working on
it [2].

As a long-term solution, we decided to implement 'Show more' button and
improve filtering at PTG [1]. This will help us to fix current issues but
requires a lot of work and time for everybody of us. As a hotfix, I would
like to propose my dirty hack for it [3]. It just redirects to the 1st page
on instances view after deletion. We could do the same for all or only
needed table.

I know, that it makes UX worse, but, TBH, it's not ideal at the moment. I'm
going to fix unit tests if the community decides to forward with it.

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/horizon-ptg-queens
[2] https://review.openstack.org/498018
[3] https://review.openstack.org/517614

Regards,